I was sitting on the train and looked over to see some guy with the paper held up. The back page read “share your best spectacular scenic, wildlife shots of our beautiful National Parks. Selected photos will appear in the Traveler section of Sunday’s newspaper and online in our year-end judging for reader photo of the year (with a $250 gift card from a local camera store).” I had clearly missed the deadline, but it did make me wonder if I still had photos from the year I did enter. I found them in my career journal just like the other ones.
Here you have ‘em, folks: 16 days in 2016 have been announced as fee-free days in your national parks!
- January 18: Martin Luther King Jr Day
- April 16-24: National Park Week
- August 25-28: National Park Service Birthday Weekend
- September 24: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day