Zucchini Meets Zoodles

This has to be the best way, hands down, to play with your food as an adult. If you know of a better way, I want to know! I was over the moon when my dear friend Abby sent me this as birthday present. I am sure she thought it was a gag gift, but I love it. Now, if youโ€™re wondering what the hell a zoodle is- it is an incredibly fresh and heathy alternative to pasta. No, I am not giving up pasta. I am just living in the moment of spring. Zoodles are incredibly nutritious and a healthy alternative to highly processed gluten free pasta. The only processing is when you crank the handle- thanks to a spiralizer (I have this one). Real life moment- it does NOT spiralize all of my zucchini. Yes, it can go in the dishwasher, but I find the water does not get into the blade sometimes if I put it in the utensil basket.

• 2 medium zucchini
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 1/2 pound (225g) peeled and de-veined shrimp
  • 3 large cloves garlic, minced or crushed

Instructions:

Heat a large pan on medium high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil (reserve the other half for later). Then add zucchini noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the zucchini noodles are tender. Don’t overcook the noodles. The zucchini noodles should be slightly crunchy with a tender bite. Let the noodles rest for about 3 minutes to allow as much moisture as possible to release. Remove the noodles from the pan and drain the excess water. Carefully wipe the same pan to remove the excess water, and then re-heat the pan on medium high heat. Add the remaining olive oil and garlic. Cook the garlic until soft and translucent, about 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook until shrimp is tender and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles back into the same pan. Cook for about 1 more minute or until the zucchini noodles are heated through.

z.jpg

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Kitchen Adventures and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Zucchini Meets Zoodles

1. Elisabet says:

My favorite, I usually do it with shaved parmigiano cheese into an Alfredo sasuce.

2. I did not realize you are supposed to pan fry them. Hmm. I’ll have to try that!

Liked by 1 person

3. Pingback: Mexican Zucchini is my culinary challenge | Real Life of an MSW

4. Reblogged this on koolkosherkitchen and commented:
    Dear Beautiful People, this recipe comes from a great blogger; however, beware – shrimp is not kosher! Not to despair: there are several kosher shrimp imitation products on the market, and if you can’t find those, tofu is always an option. Enjoy!

Liked by 2 people

5. A_Boleyn says:

Zucchini … not in the limited group of veggies I eat regularly. I’ll eat all the shrimp though. ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

• msw blog says:

Yes, shrimp is always good , but don’t give up on zucchini you might like some of these recipes ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

• A_Boleyn says:

I’ve never bought a zucchini in my life but my SIL gifted me a big one from their garden so I grated and drained it and used it to make a veggie lasagna filling. It was very tasty but I have some texture issues so I need to disguise it somehow.

I’ve never been tempted by zucchini bread though I’ve had zucchinia pakora (chickpea battered and deep fried) that a friend made … and made me eat. ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

• msw blog says:

I never understood how anyone could like zucchini bread. I however could get behind putting it in lasagne as long as it still contains real cheese and sauce.

6. Here from Dolly’s Kool Kitchen. Love the word “zoodle”!!
    Sounds yummy!

Liked by 1 person

7. I love zoodles soooo much! โค

Liked by 1 person

Please Leave Your Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s