I came across this great post on how to put a twist on the classic caperse salad. My first thought was were is the meat? Then I thought what if caprese salad and Salumi had a summer love child, it would be this this simple stunner of a summer dish. Best served on a patio with good conversation and a nice glass Sangria or a glass of wine. Bon Appetit.
- 1- 1/2 pounds best-quality ripe tomatoes
- 8 to 12 ounces best-quality fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into bite-sized chunks
- Fresh basil leaves
- Best-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Coarse sea salt
- Coarsely ground fresh black pepper
- 1 Daniele Gourmet Italian Combo Pack
Directions :Arrange tomatoes slices, chunks of mozzarella, and slices of Italian meats, and basil. Repeat steps and remember to alternate Italian meats until all ingredients have been artfully arranged. Drizzle generously with balsamic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.