I often send Abby emails with the subject “Pretty Things”. The emails are often things I love but rarely ever purchase. I am frugal by nature, but I love to “shop” online. After my last email, Abby replied “I challenge you to buy something off this list or list several pretty things you own.” I accepted the challenge. Here are several pretty things I love and own that just make me smile.
- This golden birdcage is from Etsy. I found it years ago and it makes a beautiful statement in my home office, not to mention a beautiful planter.
- One of the places Abby and I stayed at over the summer had beds filled with oversized pillows, while the streets were filled with vendors hawking yards of colorful fabric among a ton of other wares. My last day I purchased fabric and later made pillows (28”L x 28”W)
- I needed a new cutting board and after a long search (read years) this one won me over.
- I enjoy cooking and it is made more joyful by these two Dutch Ovens which I have affectionally named Big Red and Hobbit.
- Cocktails. It means an evening at home with friends or perhaps just me and my spouse unwinding.
What pretty things do you own let me know in the comments or on Instagram