These questions make for enriching dinner table conversation, but they can be equally illuminating if you simply ask them of yourself. I stumbled onto the idea of asking big questions because I needed them myself. They drive our growth, and we can come back to them year after year.
- What people have given you special understanding, support, and guidance?
- Who are the special people on whom you can depend?
- What is it that these people give you that is exceptional?
- How did you find them or how did they come to you?
- What did they respond to in you?
- What associations, organizations, or groups have been especially helpful to you in the past?