The Good Samaritan to do list- Low impact ways to be a stranger who steps up
- Have tissue on hand. There’s nothing like the passing of a Kleenex to a teary person to say, “I see you’re hurting, but I won’t make a thing out of it.
- Become a Layaway angel. The holiday season inspires people to head to their local Kmart or Walmart to pay off someone’s layaway tab, but there’s no reason you can’t do so year-round -and not amount is too small to brighten someone’s day
- Handle it– The office printer is out of toner. Instead of walking to the other one, replace it. There’s a gnarly tree limb splayed across the sidewalk. Instead of stepping over it, drag it aside. So often we assume someone else will fix it. Be that someone.
- Approach the person’s who’s alone at the party. Talk, even if you have nothing to say. Your mere presence is helping him or her feel less awkward.
- Give away your store gift cards or coupons that expiring