These questions make for enriching dinner table conversation, but they can be equally illuminating if you simply ask them of yourself. I stumbled onto the idea of asking big questions because I needed them myself. They drive our growth, and we can come back to them year after year.
- How do you handle differences of opinion?
- What issues in your life do you feel most passionately about?
- What is your greatest fear about going out on a limb for a cause?
- What would you hope to gain or lose by advocating for an unpopular position?
- If you had the opportunity to stand up for one social issue or social value, what would it be?
- What do you consider to be the most important social issue today?