Worrying is one of the most unproductive tasks that many of us take part in despite knowing it will often get us nowhere. I have learned to fix stress; it pays to set some parameters around dealing with such pain. That is why I appreciate Hagen suggestions
- Live 24 hours at a time. This helps you prevent overloading your anxiety levels. Try to figure out what steps you will take each day vs. worrying about tomorrow.
- Come up with small steps. Break down your solutions into doable task, such as phone calls you can make or small favors you can solicit from someone.
- Put worry in a 30-minute time frame each day. Think of it as half hour to devise solutions. To keep your worry focused meet with friends who you can use as a sounding board
- Keep a notebook and try to review one problem at a time
- Fine tune your plan regularly, but wait until l you can sit down and focus
You may find yourself stressed but not overly stressed.